I know summer has finally arrived in Wenatchee when the gauge in my car crosses the 100 mark. That day was yesterday, so last night I whipped up a little tropical, frozen, sweet deliciousness. Just a few ingredients, a few minutes and some freezer time, and you have a refreshing summer dessert ready to serve. Recipe below.
Pineapple Coconut Cream Frozen Pie:
- 1 can (14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (6 oz.) pineapple frozen juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup sweetned flaked coconut
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie shell/crust
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk and pineapple juice concentrate.
- Add and stir in coconut, making sure there are no clumps.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into pie shell.
I haven't done this yet, but I imagine you can substitute just about any frozen juice concentrate. Try lime, pink lemonade, lemon or orange. If you do, report back :)